What is Influenster & What is a VoxBox?
Influenster is a platform where people share honest reviews on different products. It is also a community where members ask and answer product questions, post photos, and share articles about new products.
A Voxbox is a free box that is filled with products and sent to Influenster members for their review. Products are often from beauty brands such as L’Oréal, Dermalogica, BECCA Cosmetics, and more! Members share their feedback on products and share their experience with their followers on social media. You can think of a Voxbox like you would a subscription box service, such as Birchbox, with the exception that Voxboxes are free, and limited to members that Influenster chooses. Influenster also hosts #contests sometimes when it comes to these Voxboxes. While VoxBoxes are limited, there are certain ways to boost chances of receiving one.
What I do to Receive VoxBoxes
The steps that I have taken to receive VoxBoxes are:
- I have completely filled out my Influenster profile
- I have connected all my social accounts to Influenster
- I respond to all pre-surveys that Influenster sends as quickly as possible
- I share the products I have received on Instagram
- I answer Influenster’s final survey
My #1 tip to receive a VoxBox is to connect all social media accounts and respond to the pre-surveys as soon as you get them in your inbox. The higher your social impact score, the higher the chance is that you’ll receive a VoxBox. There are many other things you can do to increase your social impact score, but so far I’ve only connected my social media accounts and shared my feedback on products through my social channels. Do not feel discouraged if you don’t have a large social media following because you can always do tasks like inviting friends or earning badges. I myself don’t have a large impact score but I have received three VoxBoxes in a span of a few months.
Below I have listed some of my favorite products that I received for free from my Influenster Voxboxes.
- Ouidad Shampoo & Conditioner– This is my #1 shampoo and conditioner combo. I would actually say that these two combined are my favorite products I’ve ever used. This completely changed my hair. This product makes my hair soft, it has an amazing scent, and it feels luxurious overall.
- BrowFood Aqua Brow Powder+ Pencil Duo– This is one of my favorite brow products. Brow Food works extremely well for achieving both a natural or dramatic brow look. Unfortunately, this product was not my correct shade, but my mother swears by it.
- Marc Jacobs Le Marc Liquid Lip Crayon– This#LeMarc Liquid Lip Crayon by Marc Beauty is super pigmented and creamy. With minimal food or drink, the lipstick will last you perfectly for a few hours. I am a big fan of the formula, but I am personally not fond of the metallic finish.
- Aquis Lisse Luxe Hair Turban– I love the Aquis turban! I’ve had many of these turbans before, but this one is my favorite. It fits my head perfectly, and holds my long hair without fail. However, at one third of the price, the Turbie Twist does the trick just fine!
Is Influenster Worth it?
If answering whether or not I recommend Influenster, I would say yes! Influenster is a great way for anyone, not just bloggers, to try new products and share their thoughts with friends or readers. With the occasional exception, I do not personally support unpaid partnerships with companies. Influenster is one of these exceptions. I think Influenster is worth it for multiple reasons:
- They have created a community where people with all different levels of following can come together and share their opinions on products
- Influenster does not require you, key word require, to make certain type of posts. If you want to make an Instagram story on the products, then you can. If you want to write a blog post then you can. If you don’t want to do either of those, but you prefer to post on your Facebook, then you can. Influenster gives you the freedom to share your products in a multitude of ways, and when you are not being paid to produce content, this is exactly the type of freedom you want and deserve.
- Lastly, let’s be real, trying out a bunch of different products is fun, cool, and can help you produce great content.
If you have any questions, leave it in the comments section below. If you want to sign up, you can use my link here!
*Affiliate links may be used.