Last week I packed up and traveled to California with my girl squad and of course we had to visit Disneyland! It was all our first time in Disneyland, let alone the West Coast, and I have to say I was quite impressed with our pro Disney skills. Today I will be sharing some tips on what to bring and wear to Disney to make sure you have a great visit!
First things first, lets start with the tips!
- Protect Yourself: Sunblock! Sunblock! Sunblock! I’m sure you hear this all the time but it is very important to protect your skin by not only using sunblock, but by also being sure to reapply every few hours. Don’t forget to bring your hat and sunglasses to shield your eyes from the sun!
- Wear Comfortable Shoes: I cannot stress this one enough! Going to any theme park means you’ll be walking a lot and standing on lines so wearing comfortable shoes is a must. We walked seven miles the day we went to Disney!
- Stay Hydrated: Staying hydrated is super important, especially when you are spending your day walking around in the hot sun. If you don’t want to spend a ton of money buying a bunch of water bottles just pack a reusable water bottle in your bag. Refill the bottle at water fountains around the park throughout the day!
- Bring a Small Bag & a Ziplock Bag: Bringing a bag to carry all your things means your hands will be free and your pockets will be empty. Don’t worry about where you will put the bag on the rides because there is room to keep them with you! Make sure you bring a small plastic bag to put your phone in on any water rides *ehem* Splash Mountain. It will give you peace of mind which is something we all need, right?
- Bring a Light Jacket: At night it tends to get cooler so bringing a light jacket is a must. Bringing a light jacket means you can also stuff it in your bag when you don’t want to wear it. Bonus!
- Reusable Water Bottle
- Small Bag
- Ziplock Bag
- Light Jacket
- Comfortable Shoes
Now onto the outfits!
Minnie Mouse ears? Yes please! I love these Minnie Mouse ears because 1. They are sequined & 2. They are so feminine! I wore a pair of denim overall shorts and matched the ears with some red sneakers. I know what you’re thinking, overalls at a theme park…how about the bathroom? Seriously though, it may take ten more seconds but they are so darn cute and totally worth it!
Get the Look:
This is my beautiful friend Bianka! She was my sleeping buddy throughout the vacation and my partner in crime for all things food related! Bianka paired her romper with a light wash denim jacket, polarized Ray-Ban sunglasses, and a Vera Bradley cross body.
Get the Look:
Introducing Liana! She was the navigator/Uber expert during our trip. Liana wore a scoop neck top from H&M, a jean skirt from Charlotte Russe (twinning with my post here), and a choker and sunglasses from Forever 21.
Get the Look:
Behold, my beautiful friend Emily. Can you tell I’ve been trying to be creative with my intro’s by the way? Emily was the life of the party during our stay in Hollywood. I actually had my first clubbing experience thanks to Emily, which you may have seen on snapchat @otcolorfulside. If you’re not following me, here’s your chance (;. Emily wore a matching set from Target, which I may just have to go pick up myself because how cute is it?! Her sunglasses are also from Target and her cap is from Brandy Melville.
Get the Look:
If you have gotten this far, it’s time to reward you! YAY! Please comment below any products from Estee Lauder and their brands, including MAC, Joe Malone, Bobbi Brown, Tom Ford, Origins, etc. that you would like to see in a upcoming giveaway! Anything your heart desires! Also be sure to follow along on my social media platforms @otcolorfulside for upcoming giveaways on those as well! I recently created a Facebook page and I would love it if you went over there and liked it! Remember, signing up to my newsletter gains you an automatic entry to every giveaway I host on this blog!
Thank you to my friends who were more than happy to be a part of this post and thank you for taking the time to read this post!